Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Trying something new

I got to thinking. Wouldn't it be nice to have a central place for family and friends to keep up to date with our family? Sure, phone calls are super -- but let's face it, sometimes it is more convenient to jump online and read a few lines. This is especially true while at work!

So, for those that received a link to this site -- use it often.

I guess I'll just start with today? Might as well since I don't remember much from yesterday.

Wednesdays are busy for us. The kids and I were up and running by 8 this morning. We did our chores and did our math and Bible lessons. While the girls worked on lessons, the boys took much delight in building towers with books, videos and CD's. Forget the Rubbermaid container of blocks over in the corner. Apparently multi-media goods work better. Spread the world. During a brief quiet moment I worked on some Mama Rockett paperwork, made some phone calls and planned our afternoon.

Fast forward to 12 noon. Lunch was early. We are now in the van, on our way to ballet, violin and co-op classes. Paige dances from 12:15-1:15. Grace from 1:15-2:00. Emily and Sarah from 2:00-3:15. Em's violin class is from 12:30-1:15. Thankfully, this all takes places at our church.
While the kids are going to and fro -- I stay in one room with a couple other moms. We coordinate different subjects for the kids left waiting for siblings. Today we did art, poetry and math drills.

After several hours of erasing the chalkboard and removing dripping paintbrush from toddler hands - we came home. The fun was over.
The boys laid down while watching Blues Clues. The girls had quiet reading and chores.
I did nothing but sit at the table and zone out for 10 minutes. I needed it.

Once Jeff got home, we had dinner and squabbled with a pre-adolescent Emily over her attitude. That *was* fun. (no!)
Jeff took the girls to church this evening. They should be home soon. The boys just went down to bed and I have used my time wisely while sitting here typing away.

With that, I will say good-bye for today. Check back tomorrow for more from our world!

Daycare
K.