Thursday, October 21, 2004

Another day comes to an end

I just put the boys to bed. Jeff is at Bible study. The girls are watching Wheel of Fortune and eating cookies.

Tomorrow we have some home repairs being done. Can you believe we have been in the new house for a year now? Doesn't seem possible.......
They did a one year walk through, looking for things that need to be fixedlast week. With the exception of a few minor cracks and lose screws on doors, all is well.

The boys have their 3 year check up tomorrow afternoon. I am taking them to a new doctor. Actually, she is my doctor. She is a family physician and I really like her. The old ped's office was okay, but so crowded and I always felt so rushed. Not to mention, I didn't agree with a lot of their tactics in dealing with the patient. This new doctor is actually a D.O.
Don't know what a D.O. is? This explains it well. American Osteopathic Association
The whole family is transferring to her office. Jeff is going to see her office partner (a male).

Yesterday, I made the decision to take the position on church staff. With Jeff's help, we are going to be over the mid-week children's services. It is a daunting task, but with God's help, we feel equipped to serve. That means I am placing Mama Rockett's on the back burner until a later (much later?) date. This really is the best because the business, while enjoyable, took a lot of time from the family. Not to mention, the red tape was hideous (codes, liability insurance, taxes, permits, etc.) -- all for some simple candy! Ugh.

The lot next to our home sold over the weekend. They showed up to level the ground to an even surface and by the looks of things, building will start next week. Join us in praying that the Lord brings kind and loving neighbors. I could also use some ear plugs......it is quit loud these days with all of the construction.

With that, I will sign off for the evening. I hope all is well for you and yours?
Oh, one other thing. If you are planning on coming to a Nutcracker performance, let me know asap. Tickets go on sale the end of this week. They will go fast. If memory serves me (oh, stop laughing....) the tickets are running about $20.
If you can't make it to a show, VHS tapes are also being sold. They are $20 as well.

God Bless you.
Kim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home