Monday, November 08, 2004

:::::insert witty title here:::::

Did you have a nice weekend? I hope so.

Jeff had to work on Saturday. The kids and I spent the day around the house and running a few errands. I also pulled out the last of the petunias in the front yard and cut back the lavender.
It is time for the plants to go to sleep, only to wake back up in spring.

Sunday was spent in church. I tell ya, with all of the changes being made, God is showing our body of Christ amazing things. While change is never easy - it is often necessary. God is pruning the body so that new fruit may grow. It is my prayer that the congregation can loosen their human hold on the past and embrace the adventure ahead of us.

After church service, Emily went home with a friend. They live out in Hicksville, OH - which is about 25 minutes from here. It was odd knowing that one of our children were in another state all day.

I broke one of our Sunday rules and went shopping in the afternoon. I needed to get Paige her birthday gifts. She turns 8 on November 9. Such a fun age!

In the evening, I headed to church alone. Emily was being dropped off there and we decided to stay for the evening service. It is a more intimate service. I'm glad we stayed. It was so moving. For the first time, Emily and I had the opportunity to share in communion. As I prayed with her, I was so touched with the young woman holding my hand. She is an amazing kid.

I found out yesterday that my mom will be here for Thanksgiving. I am so happy. I haven't seen her in many months. It will be a special time. She will arrive on 11/22 and head home on 11/29.

In my email, I have a set signature that shows a count down to Christmas. Only 46 more days!
While I adore the holidays, I also realize that we received the best gift thousands on years ago.
So, for that I have changed the ticker to read, "Only 46 more days until we received His gift."

I will sign off for today. I have a mountain of laundry to tackle, as well as lessons to cover with the girls. Have a great day!

Kim

P.S. Anyone else watch Extreme Home Makeover? What an incredible show! We watch it as a family each Sunday. The show is such a blessing to people. It is humbling and moving.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home