Monday, November 15, 2004

Monday? Really?

Where did my weekend go? How can it be Monday, already?

My grandmother was right. Time goes by faster and faster with each passing year. I didn't believe her when I was young. I get it now. I get it!

We spent most of Saturday in Nutcracker rehearsals/costume fittings. Everything is coming together so well. We start our first run-thru work next week. Hard to believe.

Saturday evening, Emily had a party to attend. After dropping her off, the other girls and I went to the bookstore. There was an American Girl party. Lots of story telling, crafts, snacks and fun. I was able to browse around, without little arms tugging at me. Bliss.

Sunday was church. It was another wonderful message. Our church is undergoing so many changes, but God is faithful. We are staying on course. I am excited at the direction we are heading. We don't want to become the biggest church in town, but we do want to become the biggest bunch of believers in town. There is a difference! Our path is to become lights to the city. We are on our way.
We spent the afternoon hunting for a winter coat for Emily. All of a sudden, she up and grew on us. Normally, we try not to do shopping, etc. on the Sunday -- but if a girl needs a winter coat -- a girl needs a winter coat. We finally found one we could all agree on at Kohl's.
Thank goodness for their 50% off sale! She doesn't wear a child's size jacket anymore. 'Nuff said.

Sunday evening I headed back to church, alone. I needed that time. We study the morning message more in-depth. It is a small group, so there is opportunity for fellowship studying and so forth. I also met with the pastor about Wednesday evening programming. We are on the same page, which is great. That is half the work. He also presented me with keys to the church. That was a surprise. I feel honored and a little weird. :::: laughing ::::

Today we are staying home!!!! No exceptions. We need to have some down time. The laundry is out of control and the girls need to tackle their rooms. We also have some new history lessons to go over. Thanksgiving is next week. I have so much to do before my mom arrives.
::: deep breathe :::

Have a blessed day. We keep all of you in prayer.
Kim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home