Friday, April 01, 2005

Bible readings this morning

I have been reading the book of Acts the past couple weeks.
This morning, I asked for His direction in my reading. He led me to Matthew 5:21 - 22

You have heard that is was said to the people long ago, "Do not murder, and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment". But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to his brother, "Raca" (idiot)
is answerable to the Sanhedrin. But anyone who says, "you fool" will be in danger on the fire of hell.

I spent several moments in quiet prayer. Admittedly, I felt anger and sorrow yesterday.
I have so many questions, but no answers. Then it came to me -- I am not supposed to understand everything. The Lord gave us free will, but He still knows our ultimate path. That is comforting. He asked me, "Kim, where is your faith"

Today I choose faith. I choose forgiveness. I choose love.

How about you? What do you want today?

P.S. I pray for the Pope's clarity and peace as he transitions to his heavenly home. I am not Catholic, but I respect a humble, peaceful and God loving man such as the Pope.
Blessings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home