Sunday, April 17, 2005

Just call me Gomer Pyle

Yesterday was our annual 4H carnival, not to be confused with the annual 4H fair (where competition takes place).

The carnival is our biggest fund-raiser of the year. Each club sets up a game booth and the council hosts a chicken/fish fry. It is a nice time for all.

The two oldest girls helped with our club booth, constructing, organizing, etc.
Jeff kept the other children busy at home, in the yard. We had to replace 3 rose bushes that didn't survive winter and get the garden plot ready for tilling.

I, in a fit of weakness, volunteered to help in the kitchen. Normally I love to be around food. I love to prepare it and feed others. Yesterday I was handed rubber gloves, a brush and 125 pounds of potatoes to wash and scrub. AHHH! It took me almost 2 hours to get them all done. My aching back is still screaming at me. No. More. Potatoes. Ever. Each time I pass the 4H fairgrounds, my hands will scream in pain - this I know!

In the end though...the carnival was a huge success. I need to hunt down one of the club leaders that brought a banana cake w/ caramel frosting for the bake sale.
It was T E R R I F I C!
She needs to share - that is all there is to it! :: smile ::

Jeff took the girls to church this morning. I am home with the boys. They have colds. Jake's has moved into his chest (as usual) and he needs breathing treatments every 3 hours. Thankfully, it doesn't seem too harsh. I am praying he is much better by morning.

Sarah is going over to a friend's house after church. The kids and dad will play outside while I prepare our school lessons for the week. We were going to take all of April off -- but the girls are going a bit stir crazy, so it is time to pick up the books again. I look forward to starting the new curriculum I put in place. I think it will help me a lot.

Have a wonderful day! Love and hugs to all.
Kim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home