Sunday, April 17, 2005

Let your voice be heard

Enough! Enough! Enough!

How many children are going to die before our society raises up and takes a stand?
Sarah Lunde, a beautiful 13 year old girl in Florida is gone. Her young life victimized beyond measure and tossed in a pond. Devastating.

These sexual felons will not change. They are predatory by nature. Why should we put the trust in them to register? And, once they do register - what then? Does a list of "bad" guys really keep us safe? I don't think so.

What is the answer? I'm not sure. I can say that the system we have now doesn't work. I don't think it is tough enough.

Castration?
Life long confinement?
Life long ankle bracelets?
Death? (and for me to even utter that word is profound, considering I don't believe in the death penalty)

Do something for me? Do something for our children? Today, before you sign off your computer - look up your state representatives. Email them. All of them. Urge them to be your voice in making a change. If we don't protect our babies, who will?

For parents reading this -- protect your children with every fiber in your body. Know where they are every minute of every day. Do not leave them home alone. Know the people in your neighborhood.

I pray for warmth, peace and comfort for Sarah's family as they maneuver through this terrible tragedy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home