Thursday, June 30, 2005

That's the night that the lights went out in .......Target!

We've had a busy afternoon. I will get to that in a minute. Let's start with my beloved Target.

The kids and I were in Target this evening. There was storm moving in and we needed to hurry. We had our things and the booming thunder started. It was loud. Grace is upset..she hates not being home when there is a storm (don't know why).

We get up to the check-out area, another large boom happens and the lights go out. All of them.
It is now pitch dark in Target. The employees are scrambling to keep people and items safe.
Gracie is now screaming. Storms and the dark? Too much for her tender heart.
And the boys? Oye. You try to wrangle 3 year old twins in a big store, while all of the lights are out. The lights came back on after about 5 minutes -- but it sure seemed longer.
I can say this, I *so* earned my Starbucks on the way out the door.

This afternoon I had a doctor's appt. Without going into long details...I have to have a couple spots removed and checked. One on the bridge of my nose and one on my right thigh. My doctor doesn't seem overly concerned, but wants to be proactive.

As an adult, I am VERY careful with the sun. I wear sunscreen daily. I make sure the kids are protected.
As a child, I burned often - sometimes badly. There just wasn't the same information then as there is now. Add the sun to my already fair, freckled skin and the potential for trouble is there. The doctor wants me to wait until the fall to have the procedure done. Even a tiny bit of sun can make for bad scaring -- so we will wait until September. For now, I am trying to stay calm and pray.

In the meantime -- PLEASE protect yourself (and your children) in the sun. Pretty tanned skin is damaged skin. Better to be light skinned and problem free, yes?

While I was at the doctor's office -- Jeff took the kids to the library. He was finally able to experience the boys in a library. HAHAHA! It's an adventure not to be missed. If it weren't for all of the fines we pay, I imagine they would charge admission for the boys. You think I am kidding?

From there, we went to Panera for dinner. Jeff has school tonight so this is a nice way to have dinner together. I love love love Panera.

The storm is picking back up so I better shut the computer down. Blessings and love to all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home