Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Wednesday

Good morning!

Em is at volleyball today through Friday. They meet from 8-3 each day. It is run through Fellowship of Christian Athletes, (<<-- click to read more) an amazing program. When I dropped her off today, there were a few hundred kids signed up. They have clinics for volleyball, tennis, soccer, tennis and I think, football.

Em would normally be swimming each morning, but she really wanted to do this camp. Most of the girls on her volleyball team are there. She will pick swim back up next week.

Family news:
Congrats to my sister and her family! A healthy baby boy joined their home on Monday, 6/13. I love being an Auntie.
I only wish I were closer to my nieces and nephews.

Prayers and well wishes are going out to Jeff's dad. He underwent surgery on Monday to fight prostate cancer.

Prayers and well wishes for Jeff's mom. She had surgery last Friday. She is recovering well at home.

I am in the process of re-vamping the children's program for Midweek services. The other program was not a good fit for the kids. We are going to focus on character training...studying Noah for the first six weeks. Noah is a wonderful example of bravery, obedience, persistence and patience. With the help of a friend, we are going to build the ark to scale. What an experience this will be! We start the foundation tonight.

The momma robin I spoke of earlier watched her 3 babies fly the coop today. It was so cool to watch the process. The girls drew many pictures for their nature journals.
They learned a lot over the past several weeks...more than any textbook could teach.

I had better scoot. Love and blessings to you and yours.
K.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home