Thursday, June 02, 2005

You know -- it is okay for Christians to be fun!

This is just a general observation. One made after many years in the church.

I am seeing a weird trend lately - both in "real" life and on the Internet.
Stern, always firm, don't joke around, take life seriously Christians.

What is that all about?
It isn't just differing personalities, it seems to be a transformation of sorts. Like, they think it is necessary or something?

I know a few people in my social circle like this. They are amazing women with so much to offer. They love the Lord with all their heart, take care of their families, help in the community, have hobbies, etc.
Yet -- when it comes to be silly, childlike or just plain funny -- they get serious.

In my opinion -- Christians should be the most joyful people on earth. We have so much to be thankful for. We should be partying in the streets and embracing spontaneity.

That doesn't mean you should act irresponsibly or hurtful -- but your salvation will not be snatched from your hands for laughing, dancing, being silly, enjoying quiet time with your husband (yes, that's right -- I am referring to intimacy! Gasp!)

I say, "Be a contagious Christian." Make people say, "Hey. I want some of what she has."
So, sisters in Christ. Lighten up. Enjoy life.

Take a lesson from children...get messy, make noise, jump for joy and love Him with a pure heart. Our time here on this earth is short. Make the most of it. I mean, I think God has proven Himself to be a funny guy. Look at some of the creations in the world? Platypus, anteaters, toddlers, parenthood......you get the picture? :: smirk :::

Peace.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

Thanks for the reminder. I love to have fun, but I'm not so sure that people know that I am full with the joy of the Lord.

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home