Saturday, July 23, 2005

When did this happen?

When did I become the mother to an almost 13 year old girl? How can I be the parent of a teenager? How did my first baby grow into such a beautiful young lady, in such a short period of time?

She has her own opinions, dreams, likes and dislikes. She speaks her mind (even when I prefer she didn't). She sees the world around her and senses adventure. I see the world around her and see fear. Oh, don't get me wrong -- I don't live my life in fear, but I do wonder what kind of world we are raising our children in. It is unsettling.

Still, it pleases me that she smiles and runs forward. She has goals and dreams. She wants to reach the stars and never let go. We are blessed to be her parents.

Right now, our sweetie is at a party with church youth group. Her social life is picking up at an alarming speed. Such an exciting time. Jeff and I are beginning to discuss issues that seemed so foreign to us a few years ago. But, here we are...parenting a young teen.

With that, I will sign off for the night. The party is over at 11 and I have to go pick her up.
I can't wait to listen to her excited words and giggles as she explains the evening on the way home. Good times.

Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home