Sunday, September 11, 2005

Brief update

This morning, while preparing for church...Sarah came into my room. She said, "Mom. I need to talk to you about something." I sit down. She goes on to tell me, "I love ballet. I love gymnastics. I am busy with both - along with my studies. I've been thinking that maybe I shouldn't do Nutcracker this year. It might be too much for me right now."
She looked so relieved when she was done. She must have been rehearsing this little talk for hours! I gave her a hug and said, "Honey. If you feel that way - then I agree, don't do Nutcracker. The choice is completely yours." She was quiet for a few minutes and said, "I think I am going to concentrate on gymnastics right now and not worry about Nutcracker rehearsals and shows. Okay?"
I am so proud of Sarah. She made a very mature decision for herself today. She recognized her limits.

So-- Paige tried out for Nutcracker today. Sarah joined the rest of the group and daddy at the church picnic. They had loads of fun. They joined 15 other families in an Amazing Race game. It was complete with challenges, obstacles and yucky food (baby food in a jar). Their team came in 3rd!! YAY.

We will know if Paige made the show on October 7. In a lot of ways, I think this is really good for Paige. Far too often, unintentionally, Paige and Sarah get lumped together for everything. I can see why it happens...they share the same interests and are the same size. A lot of folks think they are twins. Still --- this experience may be good for Paige? She can branch out a bit and find some independence.

Let us not forget what day it is-- September 11. May we never forget!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home