Friday, September 02, 2005

Stop the blame game

I am watching the news right now. The pictures are heartbreaking. The stories put me in tears. I wish I were closer...I would give a physical hand.
Since that isn't possible - I give prayers, blood and money. Please do the same?

I know it is human nature to want answers. When something goes wrong, we want to know the hows and whys. We like having something to blame. Odd human instincts I suppose.

Now is not the time to play "coulda woulda shoulda." That won't feed and comfort people.
For the life of me, I can't figure out how President Bush is being blamed for this tragedy, but he is. Don't believe me? Check articles and other web blogs. There is much hatred spewing from other fingertips. Of course, there are people that would hate the President regardless of what he did. He could get rid of taxes, bring gas down to $1.00 a gallon and forgo his salary, and some folks would still find reason to waggle their finger at him. My suggestion? Use that finger to call Red Cross. Be part of the solution, not part of the problem.

Look. Our nation has just undergone the largest natural disaster in our history. Think on that for a bit. Not only did Hurricane Katrina wipe out much of the Gulf Coast, but New Orleans suffered two traumas, broken levees with major flooding. Bad things happen. Playing the blame game won't fix the hurt right now.

I am just tired of everything these days being about politics or racial issues. Our nation is never going to mend if we don't learn to drop the silly games. Right now there are no Republicans, Democrats, blacks or whites. There are human beings. We are all God's children. We need to love and help one another.

Hug your spouse, babies, friends and family. They are what matters.
And, if you can spare a few dollars...please call the Red Cross or Salvation Army.
No amount is too small. That $5 could feed a family tonight.

Peace and blessings.
Kim


P.S. For those familiar with Pastor Rick Warren's work...he should have an article available on his website very shortly. You can access it at purposedriven.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home