Monday, January 02, 2006

Pastels, Oils and PJ's

So, on the last day of Christmas break -- everyone lounged in their pj's and did their own "thang" today. I read a WHOLE book, watched the Rose Parade (in full) and played scrabble until me eyes bled. It's all good.

This is Sarah's newest creation. She opened her pastels for the first time today. Loved them! She really enjoys floral art it seems. A mini Georgia O'Keefe in Indiana? <grin>
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Jeff dusted off his easel and broke open some new oils. He has dabbled with oils on his own with no formal training. He does it for relaxation. I have a pretty moutain scene from him, framed in the den. It was one of his first pieces. I treasure it. This is a small canvas (6x10 or so). I love this size...so versatile. I need to find a frame.....


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Tomorrow is the start of new adventures for the clan. Jeff begins his new job (Praise God) and the kids resume their activities. We will start new lessons too.

I look forward to having a routine in place once again. I admit though, we are going to miss not having J around the house. What will the boys do without their "daddy-man" to chase through the kitchen in the morning?


Have a good one.

1 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

Ooh I am loving all your families artwork you have shared! Our daughter also has to paint everyday and she is only 3 1/2 but she does it almost all day long! My hubby and I are all for it since we both love being artsy ourselves! Glad to see others cherish and nurture their childrens passions!

6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home