Monday, February 20, 2006

The city can thank us now

Image hosting by Photobucket

It should be known that our family helped fund the new library in town. No. Not by charitable giving (though that would be nice) but by late book fees.

Oh my goodness. ::: hanging my head in shame :::
A few dollars here and there happens from time to time. However, something happened over the holidays that screwed up my system. What a mess.

I just paid our hefty fines (no, I won't share how much) with a red face. The librarian was so sweet. She says it happens all the time -- especially with homeschool families. :: gulp ::

So, anyway -- if you are ever in the area and visit one of our fine libraries -- you can thank us for our support. I *know we purchased several of the books you may be checking out.

7 Comments:

Blogger KKT said...

LOL!!!! you're such a philanthropist. *giggle*

5:23 PM  
Blogger Kym said...

Uh-oh...we are guilty of this too. We'll even go months before going back simply because I know if we have books we'll have late fees. How funny that it's common among homeschoolers. Guess we love books?

9:58 PM  
Blogger LisaQuing said...

I always console myself with the thought that at least the money is for a good cause! lol

11:47 PM  
Blogger suburban mom said...

OH, that is totally us too.

We are soooo good and then boom, something gets messed up and we owe like $25.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Mimi said...

My libraries don't charge late fees, which is both a blessing and a curse, because I don't have that hammer above my head. Gah!

4:30 PM  
Blogger "Merci" said...

LOL I'll share how much my fines were if you'll share yours! I bet I'll beat you! :::hint::: did YOU have to write a check for yours?

6:20 PM  
Anonymous Tina C. said...

Kim, I joke that I don't borrow books, I rent them. I have paid for a wing in our library, I think.

Something about the holidays, it happens here, too.

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home