Sunday, February 05, 2006

Cookies and Gymnastic scores

Image hosting by Photobucket

The boys and I stayed home from church this morning. I woke up with a terrible headache (great way to start the day, don't you think?) and the boys are dealing with their allergies.


I assisted the boys with some cookie making. If you like chocolate chip, give this recipe a try!


The Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie
from: Kim's Kitchen

1 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup butter flavored Crisco**
3 eggs
1 tsp cream of tartar
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp salt
3 cups flour
1 cup semi-sweet chips
1 cup milk choc chips
Mix the first 4 ingredients in mixer until well blended. In separate bowl, mix next 5 ingredients and add (slowly) to the wet ingredients. With spatula or spoon, stir in chips.
Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 9-11 minutes. Allow to cool on rack before placing in container.
**I don't normally use products like Crisco due to health concerns, but I've tried butter as a substitute and it just doesn't work as well.
-------------------
The scores from yesterday:
Beam 9.4
Floor 9.2
Vault 8.9
Bars 7.1
(She slipped off the bars during a flip...scared the life out of me! She is fine)
She placed first in beam, vault and floor. She came in second for overall.
Next competition is 2/26 - City Championships

3 Comments:

Anonymous Rachael said...

I can't wait to try your cookie receipe...it sounds really good. Thanks for sharing.

1:28 PM  
Blogger Mimi said...

I'm sorry you weren't feeling well, but the cookies look good.

I'm glad your daughter did so well.

3:02 PM  
Blogger KKT said...

sounds yummy! but i'm not a big chocolate fan... bwhaha.

i hope you're feeling better!!

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home