Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Patience

"Clothe yourself with.....patience." Colossians 3:12*
That is what my devotion said this morning. My Heavenly Father knows me so well. He knew what I needed, long before I knew myself. He is so cool that way!
I admit it. My patience levels are not always at a stellar point. I allow words to escape my mouth in a fit of frustation. I yell when it would be just as easy to whisper. I make the choice to feel frustration instead seeking the solution.
I joke with my girlfriends when we talk about this subject, "Never pray for patience."
We all laugh, knowing the outcome of such prayers. See, God doesn't just fill our patience tank to the brim when we mutter the "Please God. Give me patience."
No. He sends lessons in patience. We must learn from reality and consequences. It makes us better disciples.

For instance, I can remember 3 distinct times in my adult life that I prayed for patience.
My answer to prayer?
1. Four daughters
2 Twin sons
3. Homeschooling
Bam! I will either learn with grace or drown in a puddle of tears. Sometimes I gracefully cry! Ha. Talent.
This is my prayer for today.
"Father, please fill me with Your wisdom so that I can impart it to my children."
Amen.
*The full scripture for Colos. 3:12 is quite wonderful.
"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience."

2 Comments:

Blogger Mimi said...

Amen!

6:08 PM  
Blogger KKT said...

patience?! what's that?!

great verse.... all of it!

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home