Tuesday, February 28, 2006

:: sigh ::

My life is dull. I am not smart. See?

"One of the things I've done working on my book is to read a lot of the diaries online, and their description of their lives does not sound particularly interesting or fulfilling for a complicated person, for a complicated, educated person."

If you would like to read the whole article, you may visit this link - ABC News .
'Course, you have to be 'edumacated, fonny, talinted and brite' to understand her thought process.

Me?
I'm just simple folk, trying to raise a bucket of youngins. (ugh, that hurt to type)

Seriously, this culture of "you" against "me" when it comes to motherhood is doing serious harm. I wish it would stop.

4 Comments:

Blogger KKT said...

i'll ditto that *sigh*

sad, isn't it?

9:48 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

SO pathetic - but I would not expect anything close to the truth from the main stream media - ya know?!

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. Motherhood is an individual choice, be it breastfeeding, blogging, working in or out of the home, etc. It does all women a disservice to make comments like that.

1:21 PM  
Anonymous Gina said...

As a woman who has been both a working and stay at home mom, I am totally appalled at this woman's take on stay at home!

The quotes from her in the ABC web article make no mention of the child's welfare. I believe the child should be at the heart of our mothering decisions.

Deciding to work because 41% of marriages end in divorce is the silliest thing I have heard in a very long time! Work because you want to, or need to or any combination of the two. Not because you project your marriage won't work out and you need a strong resume.

Her take on college educations is a bit skewed as well. And only one child because two interfere too much with a career, and a boss's perception of all women! Makes me think she'd might have been a happier person having no children at all.

5:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home