Thursday, March 30, 2006

Books!

And I thought I had a lot of books? Check out this link >> Books, books, and yes, more books

How many bookshelves do you have in your home? Currently, we have 9.
  1. Two in the den
  2. Two in the living room
  3. One in the kitchen
  4. One in the each of the bedrooms (4)

And yes, I could use at least one more shelf for the living room.

When I was a small child, I read constantly. I was an only child for 8 years and often used my books as playmates. When I grew older, I used books to escape home/school/life problems. With a good book, I could transport myself to another place, another time.

I was hired at Waldenbooks when I was 16. What a dream come true. I was making money while touching/reading/smelling books for hours on end. I eventually joined the managerial staff and honestly, loved my job. Had it not been for the grumpy customers, it would have been my nirvana.

A few books I have read lately:

On the Banks of Plum Creek (preparing for our next co-op session)

Stellaluna

Raising Great Kids

Julie and Julia

5 Comments:

Blogger owlhaven said...

let's see..6 bookshelves in the classroom, 2 in the big girls room, 1 in the little boys room, 1 in my bedroom, 1 in the living room, and my hubby is currently buidling me another one to go in my hallway.....

Mary

10:40 AM  
Blogger Faith said...

Oh my, I do looove books. When i was lttle, I played bookstore or Library all the time. I have a ridiculous amount of books. Not enough shelves though. 12 bookshelves, if I'm counting right.

1:29 PM  
Blogger LisaQuing said...

I have 6 tall bookshelves, plus teaching books in 2 - 3 drawer file cabinets and 1 vertical file cabinet. Plus a few that don't fit. I'm trying to keep it steady at that amount. For this house, there's not much more than can fit!

I worked in the college library - loved that job!

4:41 PM  
Blogger Praying for your Prodigal said...

Sadly, I have 6 bookshelves, 6 piles of books on a floor in an unused guestbedroom, 2 piles of books waiting to be read on my night stand and 3 piles of books next to my bed on the floor. I have several stacks of books in my office closet...and here's the pathetic part.....boxes and boxes of books in our storage unit. One I read a book...I can not part with it! How sad and pathetic and nuerotic is that! But it works!

I sleep well at night! :)

Diane

7:29 PM  
Blogger Perri said...

OK - I want to know what happened to the post that was after this one. I read a bunch of stuff last night about the thingy and came back today to get the link again - and it is gone!

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home