Sunday, March 05, 2006

Get out there and read!


Image hosting by PhotobucketTime Management from the Inside Out

I am a sucker for organizational and time management books. If I were to be honest, I would realize that the time spent with these books would be better spent in and around my home. I am a work in process....

Image hosting by Photobucket If You're Trying To Teach Kids How To Write

I dare say, this is one of my 'favorite' writing books. I reach for it time and time again when working with our lessons. I borrowed it many times (from the library) before purchasing it for our collection. I do that a lot. (It is a great way to maintain a solid library without wasting money)

Image hosting by Photobucket Stone Soup

A childhood favorite. One of the first things the girls learned how to make in the kitchen was 'stone soup' - thanks to this book.

Image hosting by Photobucket Living Spaces (Bringing Style and Spirit to Your Home

The title intrigued me. In a busy home, such as ours, I am constantly on the look-out for new ideas. I strive for a welcoming home, to family, friends and Him.

Image hosting by Photobucket The Little House

This would be in my Top 10 list for picture books. When the boys pull this book off the shelf, I let out a little giggle. I love it.


Not pictured, but in the pile....

Jesus, the One and Only

Parenting Teens with Love & Logic

Dirty Dancing at the Prom (and Other Challenges Christian Teens Face)

Basic Montessori - Learning Activities for Under Fives

Complete Collection of Curious George


Looks like some students in California will have fewer books to read after a recent hearing. In print, it appears this decision was based on 'funding issues' -- but I believe it is a form of censorship.

We may not allow certain books in our home, for various reasons, but I will always speak out against censorship tactics.

Hey, I wasn't a bookstore manager for nothing, way back when.....

This article saddens me. I think more people need to pick up a book?!

An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. ~Benjamin Franklin

2 Comments:

Anonymous Rachael said...

Kim, you have done it again...provided very interesting and thought provoking articles. I don't know where you find the time! I barely have time to breath most days. You constantly amaze me.

I hate to see people censor books without reading them. And to try and make verything in the library align with the state content standards....it will never happen. Not to mention, if a person really tries, they can align anything to the content standards (I see it happen every day).

6:39 PM  
Blogger Kym said...

Wow, we loved Mike Mulligan and Katy but I've never heard of The Little House. Wonder if my kids would still cuddle up and read a picture book... Thanks for the recommendations. I'm always on the lookout for a good read.

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home