Monday, March 27, 2006

It's just another manic Monday....

...wish it were Sunday.....(Ten points if you can name the song and group! And Sue, if you are reading this, I know you know it!)

The sun is shining big and bright. It isn't terribly warm, but at least it isn't raining or snowing! We are on the right track.

We spent the weekend tearing apart the bedrooms this weekend. We re-arranged furniture, cleaned out closets, drawers, shelves and baskets. We dusted, cleaned and vacuumed. The rooms look incredible now! Of course, with all the dust we bothered, my allergies are now in overdrive. See. Deep cleaning *can make you sick! For the kid's, I printed out signs for the back of their doors that read:
  1. Stop!
  2. Did you make your bed?
  3. Did you put your clothes away properly?
  4. Are there toys or books on the floor?
  5. Are your shoes in the closet?
  6. Are the lights turned off?

For the boys, I made pictures of the above items since they can't read yet. I'm hoping this will help keep things under control. I don't expect perfection, but after what I found in the closets yesterday, I am hoping for controlled chaos!

Friday evening I took E dress shopping. Score! We found the most darling dress at Von Mauer. It is fun, cute and perfect for a young lady. I will show pictures soon. And yes, I cried when she was trying it on. I embarrassed her. (I seem to do that a lot these days.....)

On the agenda for today:

  1. Finish the laundry that is going right now
  2. Make a vet appointment for Bailey (our 12 year old furry friend).
  3. Take G to ballet.
  4. Pick up holds at the library
  5. Mop floors
  6. Take S to gymnastics
  7. Mail birthday card to my brother
  8. Arrange teachers for our next co-op session.

And with that, I bid you a good day!!

5 Comments:

Blogger RANDI said...

The Bangles--Manic Monday! Do I get a prize??? ;)

I hope your hectic schedule settles down soon!

9:04 AM  
Blogger wendy said...

Now I am going to have to sing that song all day! I going to make a stop sign for my dd's bedroom - what a great idea.

10:55 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

ahhh randi beat me -
ok then, i'll just sing the rest-
"cuz that's my fun day, i don't want to run day..."

nothing like a manic monday - huh?
hope you can check it all off and feel good about it! happy monday to you :)

1:15 PM  
Blogger TulipGirl said...

Love the Bangles! Love the 80s. . .

7:33 PM  
Blogger KKT said...

susanna hoffs is still so unbelievably pretty. love the bangles =)

six o'clock already i was just in the middle of a dream....

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home