Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Midweek mish-mash

I do not have a specific topic for this entry. Instead, I have a few things rumbling in my mind.

*If you enjoy beautiful photographs, you have to check out
David Jay Photography. His wedding work is magnificent. Make sure you check out the ceremony that took place at the Firestone Winery in California. Wow! I also enjoy Jessica Claire Photography. Her style is awesome! So full of life.

*For great homeschooling information, Shannon from Phat Mommy, has compiled the
12th Carnival of Homeschooling. There is something for everyone. Thank you, Shannon!

*A great quote from one of Jeff's t-shirts, "The Original Old Navy. One captain, twelve men, and a boat." (referring to Jesus and his disciples)

*My daffys are doing everything they can to bloom in the front yard. Poor things are confused though. One day it is sunny and nice, the next day, blistering cold wind and freezing temps.

*American Idol - Mandisa was incredible last night! She is such a class act.

*How is it that a female teacher can be excused for raping/seducing a 14 year old boy in this society? Mental illness or not, come on! If that teacher had been a man, he would be strung up by his toenails (or worse!). What a terrible double standard.

*We are dropping Abeka history from our curriculum. We are going back to whole history books and Story of the World (for the younger kids). Abeka, while good in many ways, was just not clicking with history. Too dry? Too mundane? I dunno. Hard to believe I am figuring out next years plans already, but there you have it.

*I started spring cleaning on Monday. I started small. I tackled the kitchen island cupboards. I ditched everything I haven't used in a year. It was incredibly freeing. On Tuesday, I cleaned out the pantry and re-organized my cookbooks(all 45 of them). Today, I am going to clean out the other cupboards in the kitchen, which thankfully, are not too bad.

*Speaking of cookbooks, I received a note from
Gooseberry Patch yesterday. They want to include one of my recipes in an upcoming cookbook(to be released this summer). Yippee! I have recipes in two other books by Gooseberry. They are a terrific company. I get a free copy of the cookbook, which is very nice.

*The end.

5 Comments:

Blogger texasblu said...

Thanks for the links - I'm going to check them out! :)

11:27 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

You are on a roll! Have fun with the spring cleaning. Feels good to get something accomplished!

12:24 PM  
Blogger msdramateacherlady said...

You want to come to CA and do my kitchen next? I am so impressed and jealous! I barely have time to breath right now.

Congrats on being published (again!).

4:55 PM  
Blogger RANDI said...

Reading about spring cleaning made me wince--I am not ready!

Congrats on the recipe publication, that is awesome!

9:36 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

Congrats on having your recipe included! How cool!

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home