Thursday, March 09, 2006

On the flip-side

Yesterday, I shared some of the "rude" or "less than thoughtful" comments I have received due to our family size. Today, I will share the kind and encouraging comments, which thankfully, outweigh the negative by a long shot!

I have to admit, we live in a pretty easy going place now. I don't hear much negativity these days, which is very nice. Large families and homeschooling are second nature to most in these parts. While living in Southern California, complete different ballgame, in more ways than one!

On to the comments.

"Six children? What a loving household!"

"Wow. Look at those happy smiles. You can see the love."

"If you are going to be busy, being busy with children is the way to go!"

"They are so well behaved. Good job, mom and dad!"

"You are so incredibly blessed."

"Since you have such sweet kids, you should have a few more."

"I was watching you from the other table. What a joy. You can feel the fun and love."

"They are so well-adjusted."

"Come over for dinner. Maybe we can learn a few pointers from your family."

"Thank you for being a parent."

For everyone that left a comment for me yesterday, thank you! I loved reading your responses.
Before I go, a quote: "How can you say there are too many children? That's like saying there are too many flowers." ~Mother Teresa



6 Comments:

Blogger KKT said...

there ya go... the good outweighs the bad =)

love the mother theresa quote1

8:36 PM  
Blogger Kym said...

"If you are going to be busy, being busy with children is the way to go!"

That's sweet. I'm gonna remember that for some one else that might need encouragement.

10:28 PM  
Anonymous HolyMama! said...

oh, these are even better! i love it when we're out to dinner and someone (almost always a sweet, grandmotherly sort)will come over and say we have a lovely family. How nice is that?

10:35 PM  
Blogger TulipGirl said...

My favorite was when we were living in Ukraine. Older people would stop me on the street, look at my four boys and then tell congratulate me and tell me, "You're a hero of the Motherland!"

The Soviet Union did have a medal they gave to mothers (at certain times, when they encouraged reproduction--other times they discouraged it.) A friend of mine's mother was actually awarded it. I think she had 11 children.

11:55 PM  
Blogger texasblu said...

Kim, I love your blog. I'm going to blogroll you, unless you tell me "no". These responses are so sweet!

BTW - thank you for your kind words on my blog the other day. Gave me a smile! :)

12:24 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

"They are so well adjusted"
I love hearing this one especially after I am pestered with the socialization question.
The good ones are always so uplifting! Have a wonderful Friday :)

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home