Saturday, March 11, 2006

One small paper clip

We watched a movie this weekend. A movie of love, acceptance and education.
Friends, watch this movie. Have your (older) children watch this movie. Please.
Paper Clips



PAPER CLIPS is the moving and inspiring documentary film that
captures how these students responded to lessons about the Holocaust-with a
promise to honor every lost soul by collecting one paper clip for each
individual exterminated by the Nazis. Despite the fact that they had
previously been unaware of and unfamiliar with the Holocaust, their dedication
was absolute. Their plan was simple but profound.
Paper Clips synopsis

I am left wondering - this movie has been out for a couple years now. Where was the publicity? Where is the media? Why must we, as a society, be bombarded with Hollywood's idea of 'education and entertainment' -- when fine and honest pieces are ignored?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Rachael said...

I have heard of this movie, although I have not seen it. I am also familar with the paper clip project. My school teaches Elie Weisel's Night and every year we talk about the paper clip project, although we have not attempted to use it.

If you haven't read Night, it is an easy read in terms of reading level, the subject matter is a little difficult. It is Weisel's first hand account of being in Buna and Auschwitz right before the liberation of the camps.

I am going to have to add this movie to my Netflix list. Perhaps I will show it to my class next year during the study of the novel.

8:07 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Yes. I have read this book. Very moving.

I am thinking about adding it to E's reading list? She just finished two books, Diary of Anne Frank and a bio on Corrie ten Boom.
Night would tie in nicely.

8:23 PM  
Blogger KKT said...

never heard of the movie, although i have heard of the paper clip concept.

i'll have to see if blockbuster has it so i can add it to my queue.

9:27 PM  
Anonymous shannon from rocks in my dryer said...

Thanks for that reminder--I'd heard about how great it was.

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home