Thursday, March 02, 2006

Thursday thoughts

Another busy day for us! Co-op went remarkably well -- the kids are so amazing!! I am reminded time and time again, just how blessed I am to be on this journey with them.

Some things I have been pondering and/or wanting to share.

*Every once in awhile, I need some 'easy going - pure entertainment' books to read. In the last 18 months, I have found three authors that never disappoint me.
Adriana Trigiani
Jeanne Ray
Claire Cook

* E is going on her first church sponsored youth retreat this month. Jeff and I feel secure with the female chaperones, activities and camp location. I know she will have an amazing time. Still, it tugs at the heart to know your first born, the original 'baby cakes', will be 80 miles away for 3 days.

* This Denver high school teacher is comparing President Bush with Adolf Hitler. Words escape me...

*When did purity become a 'sin' in our culture?

*Why do so many people prefer a wishbone over a backbone?

*Why don't people, in general, understand the difference between a 'want' and a 'need'?

*What will happen tomorrow when Jeff has an interview with the University of Michigan?
update: interview has been postponed

In closing, a portion from one of my favorite Christian songs, Wonderful Maker

What a wonderful maker

What a wonderful savior
How majestic your whispers
And how humble your love
With a strength like no other
And the heart of a father
How majestic your whispers
What a wonderful God



1 Comments:

Blogger msdramateacherlady said...

Once again speaking as a public school educator...I think this teacher has a right to voice his opinion, but he needs to make darn sure those kids know it is an opinion and he must be careful in how he words that opinion. Some of the stuff he said is just downright inappropriate for the classroom. Not to mention, as student Sean said...

"If he wants to give an opinion in class, I'm perfectly OK with that," he said. "But he has to give both sides of the story."

and why is he talking about it in geography class?

I also like what this guy had to say...

"James McGrath Morris, an author who has written about academic freedom issues, said Bennish's comments are acceptable for an adult audience, but they are hard to defend in a high school classroom." - someone who gets the difference between adults and high school students - unfortunately there are teachers out there who don't see that difference.

This statement was just interesting...

"In a number of legal cases, courts have ruled that "up until the age of majority, children are easily influenced ... in a way that they don't have the faculties to sort out rights from wrongs," Morris said."

Kim, I must thank you, you find some really interesting information to pass along. I always enjoy reading the stuff you make note of.

Rachael

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home