Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Treasure Tuesday

Faithful Mommy inspired me to share one of my beloved treasures on this fine Tuesday afternoon.
It is a poem from my husband, written for me on our first anniversary. It is framed and hangs in our bedroom.

I treasure my husband and marriage.

Beginnings

Do you believe in God?
I do.
On August 5, 1990
God gave us to one another
And started our journey together

Do you believe in love?
I do.
On September 14, 1990
Friendship blossomed into a
Beautiful and timeless love

Do you believe in marriage?
I do.
On November 16, 1990
We became husband and wife
Pledging our never ending devotion

Do you believe in romance?
I do.
I believe that each day

We are given togehther
Is more special than the day before

I believe in candle light, flowers,
Walks on the beach, long intimate talks
And making love.


I believe in us.




10 Comments:

Blogger Heather Smith said...

Sounds like you have a beautiful marriage. You are truly blessed!

5:14 PM  
Blogger Kim from Hiraeth said...

Awww. That's lovely. Thaks for sharing that. Heather's right, you are blessed!

6:17 PM  
Blogger Mimi said...

That's beautiful, K!

6:38 PM  
Blogger Faith said...

I love it. How sweet. My husband has written a poem or two in our 27 and a half years of marriage - you wouldn't want to read them. They're just not good. They are sweet though.

6:41 PM  
Anonymous Debi D said...

Wow...your husband wrote that? How neat...you are a blessed woman!

8:19 PM  
Blogger Praying for your Prodigal said...

B--that's a capitol B-eautiful!

Diane

10:11 PM  
Blogger msdramateacherlady said...

Very nice. Is the first date listed when you first met? If so what a wirl-wind romance! I love when those happen. Truly something to treaure.

10:32 PM  
Blogger Perri said...

The most I can hope for is that Bill will underline a line in a card like, "hey, pay attention to this one."

Lucky woman, indeed.

12:03 AM  
Blogger Praying for your Prodigal said...

Peri--you're hysterical!

Diane

11:50 AM  
Blogger RANDI said...

Very sweet post! Thank you for sharing!

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home