Wednesday, April 26, 2006

What a fantastic day! Eh. Who am I kidding?

Man. It's been one of those days. You feel tired, icky, general BLAH. You find your comfy yoga pants, pull your hair out of your face and find some cute flip flips. You leave your room and BAM -- the world smacks you in the face. Nothing bad. Just a lot of little things that add stress to a hormonal and tired woman.

Let's see.
The cat threw up not once, but twice. In. My. Slippers.

The dishwasher is ticked about something. It won't rinse the dishes.

Boy child #2, while trying to help, dumped a carton of orange juice all over the kitchen floor.

This means I had to mop. Again.

Several errands. Crazy drivers. No time for Starbucks.

I had 2 teachers out tonight from church. I had no back-up. That is bad. Even worse, the 32 kids we had tonight must have poured straight sugar laced caffeine down their throats before showing up. My eye is still twitching.
I must hand out whistles for special prizes next week. The parents will love them. Eh.

I ventre home and realize the house is void of chocolate. I don't even have a lonely bag of chocolate chips. How did that happen?!

Must. Go. To. Bed.

Hubby better hope for a clear breathing passage. If he is snoring like a grizzly bear, I'm getting out the electric razor and shaving his legs.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Gina said...

ROFL!! OH my goodness! I am just about in tears thinking of your sweet man waking up with naked legs. /smirk

Give yourself a big hug from me. I totally understand your overwhelmed and not horrible but wow day. I have had a couple of these lately.

Praise God for a sense of humor!

3:52 AM  
Blogger RANDI said...

That all sounds terrible! I hope that you have unearthed some chocolate and that things are looking up today! ;)

9:22 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

LOL! I was totally feeling your day - we all have them - but I laughed out loud at your last paragraph! (Did he snore last night??!!)

11:04 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

oh yea, and it just absolutely drives me crazy when i am dying for chocolate and there is not even one single chocolate chip in the cabinets. that happened to me saturday of all days. and i was too tired to go to the store. of all days! so sunday, after church i went to target and got some chocolate - a variety of mini bars and to top it off, an extra large bag of nestle chip morsels. extremes i tell ya! (well attually it was a killer headache that morning that warned me i had better get some chocolate FAST!)

11:07 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

I like the whistle idea.

12:55 PM  
Blogger msdramateacherlady said...

Oh my...but as usual I am sure you taking it all in stride and with much grace. I am sure tomorrow will be a better day.

2:26 PM  
Blogger Faith said...

My dishwasher is acting up too. So annoying!

9:42 PM  
Blogger moe said...

That'd teach your husband to ensure the house is stocked with chocolate at all times!

Too funny.

Buy new slippers and more chocolate. Who says you can't buy happinesss.

7:30 AM  
Anonymous HolyMama! said...

oh, i'm sorry you had a bad day! (and it made my day to read about it - soooo funny!)

10:19 PM  
Blogger KKT said...

oh you poor thing. no chocolate?! woman are you crazy?????

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so laughing...not at you but at the situation. I find myself there on occasion too!

11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home