Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Can you guess?

What happened this morning to freak the kids out, humble me and cause a $206 check to be written to the city (that I have to deliver to the court house next week!)?

Yeh, that's right. I got a ticket. I haven't received a ticket since I was 17 years old. That was a long time ago (as my dear sweet snickering hubby likes to point out).

If my two police officer brother in laws are reading this -- can ya help a sister out here? (I kid, I kid)

It was completely my fault. I screwed up. However, I will go to my grave believing the light was yellow!

Oh well. Maybe the city will plant some nice trees with my money or something.....

3 Comments:

Blogger Faith said...

AWWW - too bad. It is such a bummer to have to write that check.

9:10 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Grrrrr!!! After so many many years. I too haven't gotten a ticket in over a decade until last spring when I was helping a friend out by picking up her son from middle school. Ya see, my excuse is that I am just not familiar with the school zones (you know those time frames when they drop the speed limit down while school is getting out). This lady cop had no mercy! Plus I was 7 min. late at picking him up and I thought he would be freaking out. Grrrr. I took an online class and paid 50 dollars for it to get it dropped. Otherwise, do you know how much that ticket would have been? 268 smackeroos. Grrrr. I'm feelin' for you. And I KNOW that light was yellow too! :)

8:44 AM  
Blogger Mimi said...

Yeouch. I got a ticket in October so I feel your pain.

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home