Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Blueberries = healthy goodness

Blueberries are in season. This makes for one happy, Kim.
We are fortunate to live close to Michigan, home to many wonderful blueberry farms. Our grocery stores carry loads of berries at very fair prices. I also buy quite a few pints from a local Amish homestead and freeze them for later use.*

Cereals, pancakes, granola, desserts, waffles, salads and straight from the container = goodness.
Blueberries are packed with vital nutrients. A small handful of berries can offer healing and nutrition to your body.

Susan, aka The Foodie Farmgirl has a wonderful blueberry breakfast bar recipe on her blog, along with some super photographs. Check her out.

*To freeze blueberries, wash in cool water and spread on a cookie sheet. Pat dry with paper towels. Place cookie sheet in the freezer for several hours. When berries are frozen, pop into storage bags and place in freezer.


P.S. Thank you for Jeff's birthday wishes yesterday.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mimi said...

Blueberries are my favorite too! Counting the days until the season here!

6:29 PM  
Blogger Natural Mom said...

OOh I love 'em too. My kids have perennially blue stained fingertips in the summer here.
I've heard about blueberries that they help your body deal with sugar and carbs, so I always put them in pancakes (even whole grain) now. I think it's true, I won't have the blood sugar dip after eating them.

Oh and thanks for stopping by!

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home