Friday, July 21, 2006

Blogging from Borders

Over the last few days, I find myself in the café portion of Borders, sipping coffee and working on a personal journal. It is amazing how much a person can get done in 2-1/2 hours when left to their devices. The kids are having a blast at Vacation Bible School.

At the next table, there is a group of 5 older ladies. They are enjoying one another’s company with tea and bagels. I wouldn’t normally write about people I don’t know, or more specifically, their conversation, but these sweet ladies are such a blessing. You can see the friendship in their eyes. They have strong opinions about God (love Him), our great nation (love her), the arts (love to sing), travel (love it) and family (love one another). They spent a lot of time discussing World War II with clear words and feeling.

They share their heart with wisdom and humor. I find them endearing. A business man at the table behind them appears to be annoyed by their words, but the ladies are oblivious. It is my prayer that one day; I will have the pleasure of sharing memories over tea with dear friends. Right now, they are joining hands and praying over one another with such sweet voices. I find myself saying, “Amen.”

These ladies have touched me. They bring memories of my dear grandmother to the front of my mind. It reminds me that we all have an impact in this world, and sometimes, it appears over tea, among friends.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Gina said...

What a lovely picture of friendship & faith you shared with us!

11:55 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

oh that is so sweet. i hope to be one of those ladies, having coffee with dear friends and praying for each other when i am in that stage too! they really blessed and encouraged you and did not even know it - i love that!

7:34 AM  
Blogger KKT said...

awww what a sweet post kim. i haven't been to borders in ages. i'm glad it brought a smile to your face!!

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home