Thursday, July 06, 2006

House rules

You know, I'm a pretty spontaneous gal. I mean, I do have 6 children. Flexibility should be my middle name.

To help minimize hormonal outbursts (mine, not theirs) -- we have a few rules. They are posted on the fridge for all to see (and know!)

House Rules - Know them, live them, love them

  1. No mean touching
  2. If you get it out -- put it away
  3. If it isn't yours -- ask first
  4. Use your manners
  5. No name calling
  6. Be kind to the furniture

That's it. Pretty basic. If someone is caught doing something wrong, a simple, "What house rule are you breaking right now" usually gets them back on path.

I'm sitting here, enjoying an iced coffee while the girls read outside(what a beautiful morning). The boys are hunting for bugs. I can tell when they find one by the screams from girl 3 and girl 4.

I have been working on our calendar for fall. It's not looking good. Every year I tell myself, "No crazy days, Kim." but it never works. Inevitably, there is at least one day that is a logistical nightmare. Thursday is going to be that day for me. Friends, it looks bad. I'll share later.

The boys are now bringing the bugs IN the house. I feel a new house rule coming on..........

5 Comments:

Blogger ben said...

Our five year old daughter was collecting pill bugs yesterday. No squeemish screams from her!

11:13 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

LOL. Well, in defense of girl 3 and girl 4, the boys were dropping the bugs in their hair and on their books, so I get the screams.

P.S. I love reading your blog!

11:29 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

I don't even want to THINK about Fall right now. With me going back to work, soccer, school, etc etc. it is going to be totally mad!

11:45 AM  
Blogger wendy said...

Excellent rules! It looks like Wednesday is going to be our wild day. breath....

2:07 PM  
Blogger Lindsey @ Enjoythejourney said...

My favorite house rule here is LISTEN----the FIRST time.

Love the list, it does pretty much sum it up, doesn't it???

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home