Sunday, July 30, 2006

Humidity is the devil

You haven't lived until you open door and the wet, sticky air performs a smackdown on your butt. Fun times. {dripping sarcasm to match the dripping sweat}

I've lived in Southern California for 20+ years. I visited Palm Springs in August. I played in Las Vegas in September. I lived in the Idaho desert for 3 years. I know hot.
This Midwest stuff? Unbearable. It sucks the air right out of your lungs and does things to your hair that rival the 80's. That shower you took 2 hours ago? Void and gone. You need another one, stat.

Bring on the crisp autumn air and big puffy snowflakes. Yeh, I said it!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Gina said...

As I sit dripping with sweat here in Okinawa, I whole-heartedly agree. Along with humidity I'd add weeds that keep growing and have to be trimmed by yours truly.

UGH!

1:17 AM  
Blogger Lindsey @ Enjoythejourney said...

agreeing with you in hot sweaty steambath North Carolina! :)

1:22 PM  
Anonymous Angela said...

i agree! i am in michigan and i took 3 steps today outside to our mailbox and back and was sticky! we are hibernating in our air conditioning today!

3:17 PM  
Blogger Nelly said...

Bring on the fall....I hate this crap.

3:20 PM  
Blogger Perri said...

Amen and Amen! Southern Indiana ain't any better than northern.

10:18 PM  
Blogger RANDI said...

We have had tons of humidity this summer, which is rather unusual for Colorado. My hair has turned out to be a humidity-meter simply because it has been HUGE all summer long! I agree, bring on the snowflakes!

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home