Monday, July 17, 2006

Relaxation is good for the soul - really!

Today I dropped off all 6 children for VBS at church. It starts at 9 and ends at 11:30. Fun, exciting time for all - including me!

See, I've always helped with VBS in the past. That is what Kim does. Always.

Not this year. With everything going on around the house, with Jeff's work, homeschool lessons, etc. I took a step back and gave myself a break. When asked to assist, I simply said, "No. Not this year." Oh, it was hard. I wanted to explain myself. I wanted to seek forgiveness. I wanted to help 'just a little' -- but I was strong. For 12-1/2 hours this week, I am going to do what I want, when I want, how I want. I am going to re-charge. And you know what? That is good!

So, this morning I kissed my babies, hugged a few friends, and got into my van. Then, I drove away. I went to Borders, ordered the biggest iced latte they offered and sat in a leather chair. It was blissful.

Tomorrow, I might go to the Rose Garden downtown and find a shady tree. Feed the ducks. Listen to music. Drink more lattes. Breathe.

5 Comments:

Blogger ben said...

Good job! and don't let anyone put you on a guilt trip. enjoy your break ;-)

1:27 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

We all need moments like those! Enjoy your week of recharging.

3:15 PM  
Blogger wendy said...

Wow! Good for you. Sounds like a lovely week!

4:45 PM  
Anonymous Gina said...

/cheer

I'm so glad you are enjoying your mini-vacation. We all need them from time to time.

7:57 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Hey the Bible even says, to everything there is a season - and this is your season to take a break! So savor it in every way. :)

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home