Thursday, July 20, 2006

"What do you mean you weren't wearing underwear at church?"


Have you read, Froggy Gets Dressed? It is a bedtime favorite around this house. The boys have it memorized, along with, Froggy Goes Swimming.

Today, Caleb could have used a refresher course from dear ol' Froggy. Seems my darling little boy went to Vacation Bible School with no underwear on. Oh, yes he did!

Hear me clearly, the boy had underwear on when I helped him get dressed this morning! A nice fresh pair of size 4 tighty-whities, just for him.

When we came home from VBS, he was adjusting himself more than usual (didn't know that was possible). I asked him if everything was okay. His reply, "Yep. I just don't have underwear on, that's all."

:: blank stare ::
Excuse me?

"Yeh, mom - I took them off before we went to church. They got wet when I went to the bathroom."

Mary, Joseph and Jesus.

"Son, you have to wear underwear, especially at church. Trust me on this one, buddy."

:: laughter from Caleb ::

Fortunately, Emily helped in Caleb's class today. She has reassured me that Caleb was a perfect gentleman and kept his commando status to himself.

We read, Froggy Gets Dressed, twice before bed tonight. Extra re-enforcement, ya know?

For those not familiar, Froggy forgets his underwear in Froggy Gets Dressed. For two 4 year old boys, this is fine comdey writing.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Gina said...

/comfort Kim

LOLOLOL!! You know I got a phone call from the school nurse a few years ago. Seems McKenzie went to school panty-less, in a dress. This was discovered during circle time, when all the kids sat cross-legged on the floor.

Thankfully we recover from these embarassing moments.

9:58 PM  
Blogger Perri said...

How funny - well of course it helps that it was your kid and not mine...

11:20 PM  
Blogger msdramateacherlady said...

Thank you for the smile. I needed that. And what an important lesson to be learned.

1:37 AM  
Blogger ben said...

lol! maybe you should buy him some boxers ;-)

7:00 AM  
Blogger wendy said...

I have a vivid memory of a Sunday morning - hopping into the van with the hot vinyl seats and suddenly realizing that I had forgotten to wear undies under my dress. But we were late and mom was in a hurry so I never told!!!

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home