Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Find Your Wings

Music is a powerful tool.
I first heard this song at my niece's graduation -- it was played while the parents did a dedication for the graduates. Very moving. When it comes on now, the kids automatically grab a tissue and hand it to me.

Find Your Wings
by Mark Harris

It's only for a moment
that you are mine to hold


The plans that heaven has for you
will all too soon unfold


So many different prayers I'll pray
for all that you might do


But most of all I'll want to know
you're walking in the truth


And if I've never told you
I want you to know that

as I watch you grow

I pray that God would fill your heart with dreams
and that faith gives you the courage
to dare to do great things


I'm here for you whatever this life brings
so let my love give you roots
and help you find your wings


May passion be the wind that leads
you through your days
and may convictions keep you strong
guide you on your way


May there be many moments
that make your life so sweet


Oh, but more than memories
I pray that God would fill your heart with dreams
and that faith gives you the courage
to dare to do great things


I'm here for you whatever this life brings
so let my love give you roots
and help you find your wings


It's not living if you don't reach for the sky
I'll have tears as you take off
But I'll cheer you as you fly


I pray that God would fill your heart with dreams
and that faith gives you the courage
to dare to do great things


I'm here for you whatever this life brings
so let my love give you roots
and help you find your wings

1 Comments:

Blogger Lynn said...

Thank you for posting those lyrics! I've been looking for them for a few weeks. This song is on my daughter's graduation CD. I love it!

12:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home