Saturday, August 26, 2006

"Honey, I'm home."

I am back in blog-land after a much needed break. I lost that blogging feeling (whoa whoa - that bloggin' feelin'.......)

This is just a catch-up of sorts --- a real mixture of ideas and happenings.

1. Fall is coming to town! For the past week, I've noticed leaves changing color. It is slow going but beautiful. I love this time of the year.

2. E made co-captain of her volleyball team. She is also playing setter position. I am proud of her hard work and determination. They played in an Invitational all morning and afternoon today, taking 2nd place in the championship play-off! Yay Falcons! It is going to be a great season.

3. S has her first gymnastic comp on 9/16. I stayed and watched her in practice last Thursday and she takes my breath away. God has given her strength and bravery. She uses it well.

4. Jeff began teaching at the local college last week, along with his regular job. He loves being an instructor.

5. Our week-day schedule would give Franklin Covey a nervous breakdown. It's not that any one person is doing 5 things, but with 8 family members each doing their own thing, the days get very busy. Jeff is teaching Tuesday evening, I am teaching Wednesday evening (church) and Jeff is taking MBA classes on Thursday. Monday is filled with volleyball and gymnastics. That leaves Friday night for relaxing at the dinner table and in the den. I vacillate between dreading the calendar and enjoying the excitement. This is such a short season in the big scheme -- I don't want to look back on our activities with a poor attitude.

6. And, because we aren't busy enough - we added another furry friend to the household. He is an early birthday gift for P, a cutie patootie guinea pig. He doesn't have a name yet. The list is narrowed down to Howie, Pez, Snickers, Smores, Ernie and Graham (Cracker). One of my friends, a vet, helped with the selection and shared all sorts of tips for a happy piggy. So far, he is blending in nicely. Baxter, our hound dog, isn't so sure about 'piggy' but he is more curious than anything else. *A name has been chosen! Pez. (like the candy)

7. I found out a couple weeks ago that I'm going to be an auntie (again) in April. My baby sister is due with #3. Congrats again, sis!

8. The boys have informed us that they want fish and hermit crabs for their birthday. I've been down the fish route before and I don't think I can do it again. Hermit crabs? That is a possibility. C tells me he is going to name one of them, "Fluffster"
Where does he get these things?


9. Did I mention that fall is in the air? Love love love it. I made stew a few days ago, a real treat for cooler weather.

Did I get everything? I think so. Blessings to you and yours.

3 Comments:

Blogger KKT said...

woohoo!!! i'm soooo ready for fall. i've had my fill of summer, that's for sure.

i'll bet your guinea piggy is cute!

2:42 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

i am so ready for fall too!
oh a guinea pig - what fun! we have a hamster now... they are so much fun. i bet the hermit crabs would be easier than the fish!

11:31 PM  
Blogger Kym said...

Hi Kim, I love the name Pez for a guinea pig. We had so much fun with our piggies. They were great pets, very personable. Have fun with them!

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home