Wednesday, August 30, 2006

It is Aug. 30 and ......

I am listening to Christmas music right now. Oh, yes I am!
117 days until Christmas (I have a countdown on my laptop - drives Jeff crazy, heehe)

I know, I know -- it's a tad early, but life has been kind of stressful the last couple days. Thinking about fall, snow and Christmas brings me a smile.

Besides, it is the birth of our sweet Savior! If one of my daughters can anticipate her birthday (that is 6 months away!) -- we can plan BIG for the Lord.

Speaking of planning, I am following the Holiday Grand Plan for a stress free holiday! Give it a try? This is my 3rd year and it really is helpful.

7 Comments:

Blogger MEH said...

The Holiday Grand Plan site looks great!

Since Violet was born, I've had the hardest time staying organized. I thank God that she's a healthy and happy baby, but she is so energetic, just keeping up with her is a full-time job! I keep thinking, if only I were more organized... I can't seem to get even half of the things done on my to do list.

But I can't wait for Christmas this year! And I think this site will help us make Christmas even more special for our family. Thanks for making me aware of it, I'm glad I stopped by.

7:20 PM  
Blogger Mimi said...

Our VBS theme this year was the Nativity, and we sang carols for the end of VBS play, I LOVED it!

2:50 PM  
Blogger KKT said...

woohoo!!!!! less than four months away. and as of tomorrow, august is over! music to my cold-loving ears!

7:35 PM  
Blogger mommy to four j's said...

I love Charistmas music and your rihgt why can't we celebrate our Lords birthday and be anxious for it.
Char

11:14 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Glad to know I am not the only one! For some reason today as I was painting the laundry room, I started singing O Holy Night! I was saying to myself - but it's just September!

6:42 PM  
Blogger Lena said...

Hi Kim,

Thanks for posting this information about the Holiday Grand Plan. This will be our first Christmas as a married couple (I can't believe it - the wedding is just over two weeks away!) and therefore we have some added responsibilities with regard to entertaining, etc. I've already made an extra meal and put it in the freezer - it's amazing what satisfaction that brings! I love this time of year too. :) Many, many blessings. :)

8:06 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

What a great website. I don't know that I'll ever be as organized as the author's plan but I enjoyed browsing through it all.

Christmas music is fun all year long!

1:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home