Friday, September 22, 2006

A child's faith

While running various children to various activities, I started to sneeze. A lot.
It continued through 8 stop lights and a few lane changes. Thank goodness for my box o' Kleenex!

On about the bazillionth (I exagerrate just a tad), one of the boys shouted, "Momma, are you okay?" I wipe my sore nose and rub my itchy eyes before saying, "Oh, mommy is having a hard time with my allergies today. I'll be okay." He replies, "Maybe if you stop for a Starbucks, you will feel better, mom." Whatta boy! He knows me well.

I sneezed a few more times before letting out a sound comparable to, "ArghhhACHOOmakeitstopmyheadisgoingtoexplodeAhhhhh!"

From the back of the van, I hear, "Jesus. Please bless mommy. Make her nose stop sneezing. Help her feel better. In Jesus name, Amen."

This time, my eyes weren't watering from allergies, they were watering from tears. My sweet boy prayed over me with such conviction and care. If it would have been possible, I would have pulled over and scooped him into my arms. I looked in the rearview mirror, said "Thank you" and blew him a kiss.

The best conversations happen in the van! Always.

And you know -- I am feeling a bit better.
"Let the little children come to me...."

6 Comments:

Blogger Mimi said...

How sweet! I hope you feel better soon.

6:50 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

And did you get that Starbucks??? (important fact to know!!) ;)

Oh that was soooo sweet of your little boy! What a sweet spirit he has! :)

7:55 PM  
Blogger msdramateacherlady said...

That is just too cute!

10:19 AM  
Blogger KKT said...

that's so sweet... you're raising wonderful kids kim! and the starbucks comment totally cracked me up!

1:46 PM  
Blogger Kym said...

Awww, how sweet! What a blessing your kids are. :)

7:13 PM  
Blogger poco-cocoa said...

This makes my heart happy.

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home