Friday, October 27, 2006

Apples, apples, apples and wait for it.....apples.


So, we ended up with 40 pounds of apples in the kitchen. It didn't seem like that many when I we were picking/sorting them - funny how that happens.

Thanks to my handy-dandy apple peeler/corer/slicer from Pampered Chef, I now have a sweet smelling house. The two crockpots are working hard - making apple butter and chunky applesauce. I am also drying out a big batch for cookies, oatmeal, yogurt, etc. The rest will be eaten plain, put in pancake batter or whipped into pie filling (and frozen for later use).

The kids had a blast using the apple machine and playing with the ribbons of apple peel. I thought about drying that out a bit for Christmas ornanment crafts, but I came to my senses......

Speaking of apples, if you haven't played Apples to Apples, do it! What a fun game.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mimi said...

Yum!

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home