Thursday, March 29, 2007

Beautiful indeed!

After dropping the girls off at their various dance locations, the boys and I headed to the Y for some fun and activity. I hopped on the treadmill for 30 minutes while the boys went into the youth room for supervised play.

After my work-out, we ventured over to Starbucks for my work-out reward (yes, it does take a reward for me to accomplish this task). While sipping on a (tall, skim, no foam, 1 raw sugar) latte and chocolate milk (boys), we talked and giggled - waiting for P to finish class.

On the way to getting the other girls, I glanced in the rear view mirror to see P reading to the boys. It was the sweetest sight. The boys on either side of her, listening carefully. Even sweeter? She was reading from her Bible. She was telling them the story of Samson with great clarity and expression. When the boys asked a question, she answered with confidence. She finished the story with, "The Lord gave Samson great strength" - one of the boys said, "That is a beautiful thing."

I smiled, looked back at my babies, and said the same thing.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Lena said...

Kim - that brought happy tears to my eyes. :) Thank you for sharing such a wonderful experience.

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home