Tuesday, March 20, 2007

My life is a lot like veggie soup

Strange title, eh? I know. Stay with me.

You know when it is the day before grocery shopping and the clock strikes "Oh, it's time to feed my family" o'clock? You reach into the pantry and pull out some broth, spices, potatoes and whatever else doesn't fall on your head when you open the door? You fill a pot with the above items and proceed to empty the fridge veggie drawer into the soup pot. Viola! Your dinner will be ready in an hour.

That's how I feel - except the ingredients are all over the counter. Everything would make a fine presentation if it could be gathered and cooked. I'm stuck on the gathering part.

Between recent health concerns with one of the boys
(I'll fill you in later), dh's demanding school schedule (he is almost done), various activities for the children (lots to share here), pets (anyone want a neurotic dog), home (I need to spring clean), my new exercise routine (yay me), outside family dynamics (too long to share) and home school lessons (time to plan for next year) - I feel like an empty pot on a hot stove.

Don't get me wrong. I love all of the ingredients for my 'soup.' I know the soup will taste just fine if I leave a few ingredients out, but right now I would love to have my grandma around to fix the soup.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Lena said...

It is so hard to find balance. I know that sometimes I'll feel like I'm on the verge of getting it all together - balancing being a new wife, new homeowner, full-time worker, part-time student, daughter, and friend - and then, something will happen to upset the balance and I'll spend a whack of time trying to regain. So, to that end, I've learned the best thing I can do is try my very best and not be too hard on myself. (It's that "not too hard on myself" part that's the difficult bit!)

Many prayers and hugs to you, and am also sending out my best thoughts for your sweet boy. :)

3:58 PM  
Blogger Mimi said...

I love the analogy, it is so true.

Hugs and prayers for all the issues in your life, my best wishes. And, no, I don't need a neurotic dog, having my own neurotic cat.

4:04 PM  
Blogger msdramateacherlady said...

Good to see you! Looking forward to catching up on what's been going on. Hugs to you!

11:21 PM  
Blogger KKT said...

i hope everything is okay with your son... sending lots of hugs and prayers.

9:51 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

(((Kim))) I hope things get better for you and your family.
Heather

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home