Thursday, October 18, 2007

Turkey Day, dishes and oh yeah, a kitten

So, I dropped all of the kids off at dance and swim. That left me with 2 hours - alone.
I get this little retreat every Thursday afternoon. Normally, I come home and enjoy the quiet with a good book, but today I decided to do a bit of shopping.

I was on the look-out for new table linens for Thanksgiving. No dice. I did however find some new dishes. No. I don't need new dishes, but I have this problem.......I adore dishes. I buy dishes the way some women buy shoes.

These two sets will intermingle on the Thanksgiving table this year. I will mix and match colors and patterns. I love doing that!



I really like these as well, but I figured I should show a teensy bit of restraint. I will haunt the sales and see if I can get them on a deep discount. Aren't they pretty, though? They would match my kitchen so well.
Now, about that kitten. I miss our Belle Belles. She was my furry buddy. But see, the house is just not the same without a guard cat. Never mind the fact that we have 2 dogs! A close friend from church had a 6 week old kitten left on her office doorstep. He needed a forever home. He found one with us. His name is Indy and he is a ferocious cuddle-bug. The boys have *really* taken to him. So sweet.

Maye we should have named him Killer or Spike, eh? :: laughing ::

2 Comments:

Blogger Lena said...

Oh Kim! What a sweetie! Mike found a 4-week old kitten on his office lawn at the end of August and we adopted him. His name is Mason - he's three months now and he is such an absolute joy! :)

8:47 AM  
Blogger KKT said...

what a sweet little kitty!

those dishes are great... i love the rich fall colors. and i *heart* square plates!

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home