Monday, January 21, 2008

A day in my life

It is Monday. It is the Monday after a terribly busy weekend. Those are the worst kind of Mondays.

1. Walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes. Yay me!
2. Inventory the pantry. I've had a few helpers in this area over the last couple months and now -- I can't find much of anything except the industrial size bag of napkins, ketchup and chicken broth. All important items for this house, but a meal they do not make..... (I swept the pantry floor. It's a start)
3. Prepare and organize lesson plans for Wednesday church. My main helper will not be there this week. This makes my hand tremble. (1/2 done)
4. Help the kids go through our bookcases and homeschool closet. Get rid of tons. Give away or toss a large quantity of items. (bookcase done, closet ignored)
5. Laundry. (washed - done)
6. Laundry. (dried - done)
7. Laundry. (folded - done)
8. Laundry. (put away --- not done!)
9. Give 3 tests, grade numerous book reports, and review upcoming lesson plans (done, done, not done)
10. Dust/vacuum my bedroom.
11. Mail a package to my forever friend who is very patient.
12. Remember that it is a holiday and curse yet another day that I didn't get to the post office.
13. Help 2 of the children make lava for their science project.
14. Scrape lava off the floor, counter and trashcan.
15. Take Sarah to gymnastics and stop at Starbucks on the way home for "Mommas little helper" - a grande skim latte w/one raw sugar and no foam.
16. Go over vowel phonics, again. :: thumps head on deak ::
17. Get Mercury, the homemade dough planet, from the mouth of the hound-dog. Gross! Poor Mercury.
18. Start dinner only to realize that I am out of brown rice - see #2. Grab sweet potatoes instead.
19. Rescue cat from two boys racing a baby doll stroller through the kitchen.
20. Help boys sweep up flour that was spilled as a result of #19
21. Chase after children, waving the chore chart in the air. Subtle, huh?
22. Dream of spring and warmer temperatures so the children can go outside to play.
23. Make dentist appointments.
24. Grumble at our new dental insurance.
25. Settle a disagreement between Boy #1 and Girl #3 over #13.
26. Discover that the dishwasher has not drained and refuses to clean anything.
27. Hand-wash everything after kicking the dishwasher.
28. Call Jeff and have him pick up wine on the way home from work.


5 Comments:

Blogger oceans5 said...

I don't know how you do it. Just dealing with my 3(under 5) drives me crazy. I hope you get to mark some more stuff off of your list and that you get some peace and quite soon. :)

6:23 PM  
Blogger Mimi said...

Awesome! Good job! It sounds like a productive Monday!

9:00 PM  
Blogger Lena said...

{{hugs}} Have I ever told you how much you inspire me? :)

8:57 AM  
Blogger msdramateacherlady said...

Oh my, busy busy lady!

1:46 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

((((Hugs)))) Mondays are better with a thoughtful husband who stops at the store for you!

Post Office Smost Office! I too have things waiting to be mailed. (since Thanksgiving {duck}) My buddy here in Okinawa & I have decided that the best way for us to tackle this distasteful chore is to combine it with an adult only trip to Starbucks! (venti vanilla cappuccino please, decaf if it's too late in the day)

#23 has been escaping me for days too... I really don't want to go because I think I need to have some major work done in my mouth and I'm dreading it!

Have a great Wednesday!

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home