Saturday, February 02, 2008

My 'to read' pile grows and grows....

I love books. A lot.

I used to be a bookstore manager in long ago days. Talk about enabling.
Thankfully, we have a tremendous library system in our county, though I do admit to knowing my credit card number by heart, mostly due to the frequent book splurges on Amazon.com.

I have put myself on a book borrowing/buying hiatus until the current pile dwindles down. Way down. I present, The Pile......


Passionate Housewives Desperate for God


The Dangerous Book for Boys

The Year of Living Biblically: One Man's Humble Quest to Follow the Bible as Literally as Possible

Seven Practices of Effective Ministry

A Women's Heart: God's Dwelling Place

A Case for Easter

Growing Girls: The Mother of All Adventures

The Five Thousand Year Leap: The 28 Great Ideas That Are Changing the World

Eat Pray Love: One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India, and Indonesia

Fifty Acres and a Poodle: A Story of Love, Livestock, and Finding Myself on a Farm

We Took to the Woods

Making Your Children's Ministry the Best Hour of Every Kid's Week

Lead the Way God Made You: Discovering Your Leadership Style in Children's Ministry

Homeschooling High School: Planning Ahead for College Admission

Wish You Well

4 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

We did A Woman's Heart: God's Dwelling Place last "term" in our women's bible study. It was awesome!
I haven't read the book version but I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Beth has such an engaging style of writing, she really makes you feel like a close friend joining her on life's journey.

Let me know what you think when you finish it!

6:25 PM  
Blogger marybeth said...

I have Eat Pray Love and Wish You Well in my pile too :-) Those book piles tend to get away from you, don't they?!

8:41 AM  
Blogger KKT said...

That's a lot of books, my friend!! Happy reading!!

10:06 AM  
Blogger Tena said...

seems those book piles grow over night... happy reading

1:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home