Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Walking with Jesus...

Sara, over on Walk Slowly Live Wildly has posted a wonderful entry today. Check it out!

I know this is something I struggle with on a daily basis. I eat healthy foods. I watch my indulgences. Admittedly, I slip when it comes to daily exercise, and for me, that is detrimental. My body needs exercise. I strive to keep a healthy outlook when it comes to body image, especially since I have four young ladies watching my every move (and listening carefully), but the scale tells the truth. Loudly.

Let's face it though, four singleton pregnancies (where I snapped back moderately well) and one twin pregnancy (where I spent 15 weeks in bed) have done a number to my body and metabolism. Throw the creeping late 30's into the mix, and well, it isn't always pretty. I do try though.

Sara reminded me about something I have been missing in the equation. I'm ashamed to admit it, but I seldom, if ever, took the time to pray about this situation. I certainly never invited Jesus on the treadmill with me, that's for sure!

That brings all new meaning to, "Walking with Jesus."

Peace to you.
K.

P.S. I bet Jesus would rock a pair of Nike shoes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home