Monday, April 21, 2008

Trusting God

I've been follower of Jesus Christ for many years. I have seen incredible things happen because of His provision, mercy and grace. I know He is in the big and little things of my life. He cares.
Not only do I believe in God, I believe God is who He says He is!

Sometimes, I falter though....

This morning, Caleb, had his one-year follow up with the cardiologist. Many of you remember his diagnosis of SVT back in February of 2007. He has been on daily medication since the incident. He has had no further episodes. Praises!
"Great are the works of the Lord; they are pondered by all who delight in them." Psalm 111:2

We have prayed over Caleb at home and in church. We have friends and family from far away praying over him. I have been so bold as to ask God for complete healing over Caleb's heart issues. I've seen miracles happen before when God intercedes.

So why am I worried?
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of it own." Matt 6:34


This morning the doctor was very happy with Caleb's progress. He wants to wean him off the medicine over the next 2 weeks. He explained that if Caleb doesn't need to be on medicine, we should clear his system. In theory I agree. Doctor also explained that until we challenge his heart, we can't know the final (if any) solution we should take (more medication, surgery). It all makes sense to my logical thinking mind. My mother heart is having trouble. I am anxious.

And then I remember,
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Phil 4: 6-7

Do you see that? "...will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."

Am I trying to live the faith without faith? I need to let God deal with my insecurities or my insecurities will deal with me. Today I am going to wear the shield of faith and speak the Word of power.

"The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?"
Psalm 118:6

"Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." 1Peter 5:6-7


In His caring name, Amen.






2 Comments:

Blogger Mimi said...

Wonderful! Thanks be to God!

7:33 PM  
Blogger Lena said...

Your thoughts are, as always, inspiring. We will be thinking of Caleb and will keep him in our prayers.

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home