Friday, July 18, 2008

Friday free-for-all

:: dusts off the keyboard ::
I'm back.

I didn't plan on taking a blogging break but it appears that that is exactly what happened.

I don't really have a set topic to discuss. Instead, I will give a quick run-down on the house happenings. I know far away family, friends, and others may appreciate the info.

Here goes...
1. Jeff is recovering nicely from leg surgery. He had to have two outpatient procedures done to remove bad veins and blood clots. We are happy to have the ordeal behind us and praise God for safety and healing.
2. I do not like Midwest humidity.
3. Sarah had a sleep over at the gym to kick off their upcoming gymnastic season. Imagine, if you will, 18 girls and 2 coaches, running crazy in a very large gym, full of fun equipment. They did not sleep one wink. Seriously, she never unrolled her sleeping bag. She was there from 4:45 to 7:30 the next morning.
4. The van decided to make a trip to the mechanic. It was a large repair. We actually thought about ditching the van and getting something new, but we couldn't find a 2006/07 re-sale in the area that would seat all of us. Oh well.
5. We are making plans for a nice family vacation next May. I know it sounds far off, but with our size and time restraint, planning is a good thing. Our niece is graduating in May so we are heading to Virginia. While there, we will stay at Great Wolf Lodge -- visit Williamsburg and Monticello before heading over to Staunton for the graduation. It should be a nice time.
6. We are considering a trip up to Buffalo for Thanksgiving this year. It will depend on Jeff's schedule. New York family reading --- we will be in touch soon!
7. Speaking of Jeff, he received a promotion at work. It goes into effect August 1. So proud of him!
8. I dislike the humidity of Midwest summers.
9. Our VBS program at church was outstanding! We had a blast. We are having Community Day the end of this month. We will have live music, food, games, and school supply giveways to the surrounding neigborhood children.
10. I forgot how rough it can be potty-training a puppy. Kids are MUCH easier in this respect.
11. Talk about far off plans...but I am so excited -- Jeff is taking me on a Caribbean cruise for my 40th birthday (in 2010). The plans are already underway. I figure if I have to turn 40, this is the way to do it! :-)
12. Christmas is 160 days away. My kids are counting.
13. I really dislike Midwest summer weather.
14. The end.

Now I will try to catch up on my blogging buddies....
Blessings to you!

5 Comments:

Blogger msdramateacherlady said...

Busy, busy life for you. I recently stayed at a Great Wolf Lodge and can honestly say it's not for me. Wonderful concept just not how I would chose to spend a vacation (M planned that one). The kids are going to love it!

Good luck with puppy potty-training. I know crate training worked for our puppy. In 7 months I think we have had 3 accidents in the house.

3:03 PM  
Blogger oceans5 said...

You have been busy. So glad your husbands surgery went well. How exciting about your trips. We need to plan one SO bad but life and finances and everything else keep getting in the way.

I remember trying to train the puppy we had years ago. It was a nightmare. Good luck!

8:09 PM  
Blogger Tena said...

I'll potty train the dog, if you come potty train J?
LOL!! Just do it! Please??!?!?!

2:12 AM  
Blogger Holly Wood said...

I like the way #6 sounds!!!!!!!

11:35 AM  
Blogger Andrew J. Booth said...

I love your blog Kim!

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home