Monday, July 21, 2008

In memory

Charles "Charlie" David Schenkel
2006-2008

We received heartbreaking news today that a sweet family friend lost their precious 22 month old son over the weekend. Charles "Charlie" Schenkel was with family and friends on Saturday, enjoying a summer party, when he accidentally drown in the swimming pool.

Charlie was an active, adorable, lovebug of a little boy and he brought a smile to all that met him.
He was the youngest of 11 children. He is survived by his daddy (Dave), mommy (Lisa), David Jr., Luke, George, Adam, Amanda, Gracie, Claire, Lucy, Sylvia, and Marie. His loving grandparents are also left to mourn, as well as numerous aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends.

Claire, Charlie's big sister, is on Sarah's gymnastic team. During practice tonight, the girls sat together and prayed for Claire and her family. It was touching to watch.

As mothers to large families -- Lisa and I shared laughs, tips, and many hours on gym bleachers, waiting for the girls. My heart breaks for this wonderful family. My mind can not comprehend the pain they most be experiencing at this moment.

Tomorrow morning, Sarah and I will attend the funeral. Funerals are difficult enough but when it is a child involved, well.....there are no words.

If you are reading this entry, please take a moment to pray over the Schenkel family. They are very devout in their faith and I know it would touch them deeply. Thank you.

6 Comments:

Blogger msdramateacherlady said...

How very sad. Please pass along my thoughts and sympathy.

11:29 PM  
Blogger oceans5 said...

How tragic. His family are in my prayers.

11:34 PM  
Blogger Tena said...

I am so terribly sorry to hear this, my thoughts and prayers go out to the Schenkel family tonight

1:04 AM  
Blogger marybeth said...

Losing a child is so heartbreaking. My prayers and sympathy go to the family.

7:22 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

Oh no! That is so very sad. My heart aches for them.

I am sending up a prayer right now.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Lena said...

Earnest prayers going up. I will keep them in my thoughts. How very heartbreaking.

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home