Thursday, August 21, 2008

A beautiful bond


This is a recent picture of my two oldest, Emily (15) and Sarah (14). I caught them in the middle of a talk after Sarah got home from gymnastics. I think the picture says so much.

It seems like only yesterday I was a young 23 year old heading to the hospital to have Emily. The labor was especially difficult and it took nearly 24 hours for her to arrive safely. I vowed to anyone that would listen that all future children would be adopted after the experience.

A short 8 months later I was pregnant with Sarah and eager to start the whole process all over again. God is merciful with a mother's memory.

I remember holding Sarah in my arms and having Emily burst into the hospital room, excited to see me, ambivalent to see her new sister. Emily was 17 months old. When it was time to leave the hospital I felt so many things -- mainly, "How in the world am I going to take care of two babies?" Little did I know what the Lord had in store for me in the years to come......

When I look at this picture I see so much. I see the little girls that once played dress up and tea party at their little pink table. I see first days of school. I see giggles from secrets only they share. I see genuine love and friendship. I see feisty attitudes and quick wit. I see dreams.
I see a forever bond.

I see His blessing (and I give thanks).

5 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

This brings me to tears Kim. I have a lot of moments like this with Ella and Sydney. (also 17 months apart - but 3 and 4 years old.)

What a blessing sisters are - and what a blessing for mothers to watch them grow in friendship. God is so good...

9:14 PM  
Blogger Tena said...

I see beauty!!!!

10:00 PM  
Blogger msdramateacherlady said...

What a picture! A very special moment, I'm glad you were able to capture it.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Lena said...

A picture really is worth a thousand words, as they say - what a fantastic bond. It makes me smile! :)

7:10 AM  
Blogger DAD&GRAND-DAD said...

VERY PROUD OF YOU AND YOURS! TEARS TO THE EYES. LOVE TO ALL!!

DAD

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home