Monday, August 04, 2008

God's peace

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is my strength of my life;
of whom shall I be afraid?"
Psalm 27:1 KJV


The summer has been crazy busy. A lot of the plans for quiet and relaxation have yet to occur. I'm beginning to think they may be a distant dream at this point.

Raising a family is challenging. Family, friends, and media have told us how challenging a mother's job can be...

"There goes sleep." "Ha. Wait until she grows up." "Privacy is long gone." "Paying for college will take massive sacrifices." "Your life will never be your own."
"Marriage will change."
"Well, what did you expect with so many kids?"

As if we didn't know these things to be true -- but so what? I know that motherhood is the toughest job I'll ever love - yes, even the challenges.

I find myself leaning on the Lord more and more these days. I need His infinite wisdom, grace, and mercy. I pray for a quiet spirit and peace of mind. I pray for the hearts of my children. I pray for discernment when I look at the family calendar.

With God in our corner as we raise and love our children, no situation is too complicated. God is the rock of my life. Yes, being a mother can be tough - but it's also a job filled with joy, especially when I trust God to work all things for good.

As I sit here in the quiet house, sipping on hot coffee and awaiting the first rush of feet on the stairs, I am reminded of the great joy I experience on a daily basis. Yes, there are challenges but when I allow myself to breath and look around - what an honor He has bestowed upon me.
It's all good. It's all God.

"I will praise you forever for what you have done; in your name I will hope, for your name is good. I will praise you in the presence of your saints."
Psalm 52:9 NIV

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home